Sunday, October 23, 2011

A lot of Lasts or Movin On

This has been a hard weekend. It's my last weekend working as a volunteer in Krakow. Tuesday morning I will be moving to Denmark. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this move. It did not come about in the best way. But, I know that God is moving me to Denmark for a reason. I am excited to work with the Danish church. Everyone I have met from there have been wonderful! I think they will be a great group to minister with. But, even with the excitement of something new there is the pain of saying goodbye. And I hate moving. I hate being uprooted. I wonder why God called me to do mission work when it is so hard for me to move away from home. So, all that to say this has been a weekend of lasts. Last walks around the castle, the river, last church services, and last times with friends. When I first came to Poland in the summer of 2009, I never believed I would fall in love with Krakow. I saw Krakow for the first time in August of 2009 and I moved here a year and a half later. And I fell in love with the city and my Polish family here. Really, I am a die hard California and I love S. F., but Krakow is a very very close second. And I never thought I would find a second family. But, I have found a second family in the people I work and worship with here. So, I am going to miss Krakow and all of my friends. I am struggling right now with saying good-bye, wandering around the beautiful city and knowing it will be a very long time before I see it again. But, when God calls us somewhere new we must go. Life is an adventure and with that comes change and new places. So, I move forward to a new adventure. Good-bye Krakow, you will always be in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment