Sunday, October 16, 2011

Euraisa Regional Confrence aka Chillin' in Turkey

I have been in Turkey the past week, enjoying the sun, water, and of course worship! We are staying in a beautiful resort in Antalya, Turkey. We have been swimming, sunning, eating, relaxing, and having fellowship with other Nazarene's from all over Europe and Western Asia. The Eurasia Regional Conference has been AMAZING! Each of the field coordinators reported about what work is being done. I have always felt a little bit of pride for being from a District that has so many different languages and cultures, but it is nothing compared to here. This region spans 2 continents. There are over 20 languages being spoken here. The field Poland is on has 7 different languages and none of them are similar to each other. It is amazing to worship here. To stand in the conference hall and see so many nationalities standing next to each other. People whose countries are fighting or have horrible pasts of hate worshiping together.  As I look around the room all I think is this is exactly what the kingdom of God is supposed to be. Hearing all of the different ministries, outreaches, and churches stories. Seeing people that have been affected by being children that were sponsored, changed from alabaster, the hospitals, the schools. To actually worship with the people who were changed by all the programs I read about in mission books and heard stories of when I was growing up. To be here and know God has called me to be a part of their legacy. To be a part of the future of this region. There is nothing like this. I can say for me General Assembly had no where near the impact of being here on the mission field worshiping in many different languages and celebrating our vast diversity. Being here makes it even more clear that I am exactly where God wants me to be. Last night we had an Ordination service. I was blessed to be able to participate in it as an Elder. There were 5 people ordained and 2 of them were nationals from different creative access countries. Here they were being Ordained, prayed over and sent back to nations where they are killed for being Christians. It was such a blessing to be a part of it.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Turkey. It has been a great time of inspiration and I am ready to get back and face my new adventures in Denmark!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are having so much fun and you know that God has you right where He wants you!

    ReplyDelete