Monday, January 3, 2011

NYC NEF

I got to go to Holland for NYC NEF (Nazarene Youth Conference Northern European Field). It was an interesting experience. The ideas that I had about NYC have been influenced by my experience of the event in the States. Europe is not the same. I really enjoyed the worship every night and being surrounded by a group of young Christians. It was like being a Youth Pastor again. Sometimes, I really miss the traditional church things. This trip helped me to experience them again.
We got stuck waiting at bus stop in the middle of a random neighborhood, after traveling over 12 hours....
Our friend taught a gospel choir worship there. I actually joined it! And did ok!
We played lots and lots of games! Just enjoyed being with each other!
We got to see some traditional Dutch stuff!!!
We experienced coffee that was not up to Sweet Surrender's standard... or even Roto-Rooter crud standard!
We literally jumped into the new year! We joined in the Danish tradition!

We got to play with sparklers!!!!
We had to wait at the same bus stop to get home!!!
We took a detour on the way home and saw AMSTERDAM- for a half hour!
We enjoyed the canal's in Amsterdam!

It was a fun trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment