Friday, January 14, 2011

New Beginnings

I have been in Krakow for almost a week now. It has been an odd experience for me. In some ways I feel like I have moved to another country. I was so use to the way Poznan worked- the people, the shop, the tram system, the weather. Krakow is so different. I feel like I am starting all over again. The atmosphere and personalities of the people I am around are so different. It really is a new beginning for me.

I moved into an apartment above the shop. It is a really nice place, however it is only about half way done. I will be living there with another volunteer who is not here yet. We still need our wall put in and some more furniture. When that arrives I will be able to unpack my suitcases and then it will feel more like home.

The shop is slowly coming along. I believe that the Krakow shop is the most beautiful of all 3 Sweet Surrenders. But, maybe I am bias towards the shop I am working in. I am now feeling like I did during my first few months in Poland. I am back to painting and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. Construction creates a lot of dust! I am also finding myself in not so safe positions on ladders again. At least this time it is holding a paint brush and not holding plates! The shop is slowly coming together. Hopefully we will be open by mid-February. That would be really nice!

We had our first church service in the shop last Sunday. It was good. There were the 3 families we have been counting on plus 1 visitor! I have taken some time to travel out and about the city. Mostly all of my energy is spent on just finding where places are. I did have dinner with a friend of a friend. She was great! I enjoyed getting to know her and am excited to have a friend already. I have also been invited to spend some time with the different families in the church. It has been great getting to know them and here where there heart is for the church and shop in Krakow!

It has been a slow and at times very lonely week for me. But, I know I am where God wants me. And I know God has amazing plans for Krakow. I am excited to see it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment