Saturday, January 8, 2011

Closing Chapter

This week was a hard week. I have been living in uncertainty for months. There has been a certainty that I would be moving for months, but never a set date, a set job, a set transition time. It all came to a head and then explosion this week. It was decided, I was moving and I was training someone to take my place in Poznan. However that someone I was training changed 3 times this week. Which meant extra hours in the kitchen trying to pass my knowledge on as quickly as possible. It also meant not having time for any “lasts” in Poznan. And not having any time to say “good-bye”. I started the week overly exhausted and the emotional stress of moving just sent me into a snowball of emotional instability. Thursday I was able to take a few hours and meet with friend. An, unexpected friend, that changed my whole perspective in that time. Sometimes I just need a reminder that I know God has called me to do this, so I just have to do it, whether I feel like I am strong enough to do it or not. And so now I am facing a new challenge, a new adventure. Poznan became home. People in Poznan became my family. I faced so many new challenges these past months in Poznan. I learned so much about my self and was challenged to stand strong and succeed beyond what I could have ever thought I would do. And so leaving Poznan feels like I am leaving home again. I think Poznan and the friends I worked with will always be my Polish home. Because of that and what I ended up doing in the shop it makes it hard on me not to worry, not to try to still feel responsible for things. I was responsible for so much. I think Ev’s advice to me says it best “You have to go and just let Poznan Sweet Surrender do what it is going to do.” I gave all I could to the shop and ministry and now God has called me to give all I can to a new shop. So, with a sad heart I say goodbye to Poznan. God has closed the Poznan chapter in my life for now, and I am ready to begin the Krakow chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment