Monday, July 30, 2012

Fundraising Time

I have committed to working in Denmark another year. So, that means I need to come up with some more funds! It cost me $1,400 a month to live in Denmark. That means I need to raise $16,800 for the entire year. There are few different fundraisers and ideas I have to help me raise the funds-

My Running- It keeps me sane! No really, I love running and if I ever gave it up I would loose my ability to de-stress and process. So, I have 3 races coming up, all half marathons. I am running my first trail half marathon in Danmark on Sept. 2nd. Then I am going to run a back to back race over New Years with my brother and sister-in-law. That means I'm running a half on the 29th of Dec. and then another on the 1st of Jan. If you are interested in sponsoring me in these runs, all of it will go towards my work in Danmark and the benefit of me keeping my sanity.

Others Running- This Saturday (August 4th) a Women's small group from my home church  (and some of their kids) are running, jogging, or walking a 5k to support me. They are asking people to sponsor them and all the proceeds will go towards my work in Danmark. If you are interested in sponsoring one of them email me. The line up of runners include-
Andie Fitch (yes, my mom has signed up to do it!!)
Sara Allen (my big sister!)
Joshua Allen (my nephew!!!! he's only 7)
Diane Kennedy
Laurel Jacobs
Kristin Calidine
Lillian Caulderon
Katelyn & Caleb (more kids that want to join their Moms in helping support me)
I am feeling so blessed that they are doing this for me! I wish I could join the run with them!

Golf- In October there will be a golf tournament in Pittsburg, Ca. The tournament will go to helping raise funds for my work here. More details for this will follow. If you are interested in playing in the tournament, email me and I will put you in contact with the organizer for this event.

 Speaking- I will be home in the end of November until February. I would love to share in any type of services, small groups, Sunday school classes, any thing like that. Please email me and we can arrange a time.

Thank You so much! Please Pray with me about my next year commitment to Danmark!


No comments:

Post a Comment