Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fast Forward Through July

I looked at the date and realized that July is almost over. And I realized that I have spent the past 3 days feeling like I am on vacation. It has been a good reminder why I love living in Danmark. It has been a crazy month, so I really needed these few days of vacation.

The month started out with a week of camp. It was church camp, most similar to a family camp. I was really stressed heading into camp, over all the cafe stuff that I knew was going on while I was gone and as soon as I got back. I was feeling overwhelmed and feeling like I was just hanging on to make it. Camp was fun and the speaker was really good. The focus was on Encountering God in Everything. And during one of the evening services, I finally felt God speaking again. And God said wait, it will come, not exactly the answer I wanted, but an answer. And so during the services I felt encouraged that God knows what our cafe team is dealing with and we will find another place. The other side of camp was sports and hanging out. I got to play volleyball, not sure how long it has been since the last time I played, but a lot of my training came back to me. I also got to learn how to play handball! Finally! I have been watching this sport and hearing about this sport since I moved here and finally I was taught how to play. Of course I spent the whole game trying to figure out what was going on, but still I played! Camp was good, but very tiring. As camp came to a close I had to leave early to make it home before the next adventure arrived.

3 hours after I arrived home from camp (those hours were spent cleaning the church and making lunch) a work team from West Virgina arrived. They came to work on the shop, but since we didn't have a shop they did work around the church and the white house. Also, that night my parents arrived to work with the team and see what I was up to. It was a great 10 days. We did different projects such as painting and yard work. And the most exciting one for me was that we finished the bonus room in the white house!!!! It was great to have the team around. They were an encouragement to the cafe team and a big help to the church.

It was nice to have my parents here. It was an interesting set up because they stayed with me in the house and they got to see how things go in the house. As always when I have them in the country I am serving in, it's just weird. It is weird to combine both worlds. But, a joy to try and share my life with them. We got to do a lot of touring and there were a lot of places I have not seen that I got to see with them. It was also nice to be spoiled. But, Tuesday I had to drop them off at the airport and go home to an empty house and try to figure out what to do next.

When I got home, I crashed. Too many weeks of craziness and not enough sleep. I spent the next 3 days enjoying the sun and enjoying being here. I went to the beach and actually swam in the water! It finally got warm enough to do that. We also took a really long bike ride where we enjoyed seeing the beach and harbors. I also took a trip to Tivoli and then enjoyed being shown different types of architecture around Copenhagen. And all this got me to a point where I fell back in love with Denmark and I feel refreshed and ready to go back to work.

Today we had a cafe meeting where we discussed our next steps. We are still looking for a place. We will try to go a visit shops this week. Hopefully we will find a place soon. We had to readjust our start date goals. That was disappointing. We also discussed my contract ending and when I will return for another year. So, we are picking up the pieces and moving forward, which is all we can do.

2 comments:

  1. Must be kind of like swimming in the Arctic, as far north as Denmark is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty cold, you have just jump in and let your body get numb. :)

    ReplyDelete