Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Typical Day??

Yesterday I was asked a very interesting question. I was at the church helping with some of the remolding and one of the guys asked me "What does a typical day look like for you?" My response "Uuuhhhh...... I don't know... I don't really have a typical day." And that got me thinking. How do I express what I am doing here when I can't express a daily schedule. But, that is what I love about working in the ministry, nothing ever follows a schedule and nothing is ever the same. There is always room for change, distractions, and detours. Of course there are things that happen at the same time every week- youth group, cafe meetings, white house meetings, church, danish lessons. Between those meetings my week is filled with people and tasks for the next meeting. Every day is different, some are crazy and some are mellow. But, that's what happens when you work with people. You never know when you are going to get that message that you are need to help, teach, or just listen. And that is when all your plans just change, but the biggest blessings come in the detours.

No comments:

Post a Comment