Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Visitor From Home

When I was contacted that a future missionary was interested in coming to visit me I wasn't sure what that meant. But, I am always excited to have visitors and to share with others who are interested in missionary work, so I said "yeah come on over." I got to spend about 10 days showing her what it was like to be a volunteer missionary in Northern Europe. It was very different from the places she had been before. I really enjoyed the time. It was like a gift from home for me. To have someone around that understood where I was coming from and someone to take places. It was fun to play tourist in the midst of all of the work. And yes we did get some work done in Sweden and in Greve. :)  We went over the the Sweden shop and painted and prepped the cafe room. We also got a chance to wander around Malmo and explore the down town area. It was a great break and joy for me to have someone from home. Sometimes we need that reminder and encouragement to keep going. And this visit was that for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment