Monday, March 12, 2012

a much needed update

I know, I know, it has been over a month since I have written. I keep thinking I need to update and then I become distracted and forget and all of a sudden a month goes by without an update. I have been finding ways to keep myself busy.

I have been having a lot of fun in the white house. Things with the youth group have been going well. We have been meeting regularly on Monday nights for youth group. We have been doing bigger activities once a month and sometimes having impromptu movie and game nights.

Things are going well with the cafe group. We have now established a set operating budget for the first year of business. We are ready! We have begun to look into different properties. We have 2 right now that we are looking for more information on. The goal is to start renting in July and open in September. We are busy making summer plans and trying to figure out how to get everything we need. We really need some help with fundraising and work teams. At this point we need $50,000 more to be able to operate through the first year.

There is a new ministry start in Sweden. A couple there are looking into opening a coffee shop and planting a church. I have been spending time consulting with them over the steps we need to take to open that shop, this fall as well. They have a huge project in front of them. They also need a lot of fundraising support and work teams as well.

I have been connected with a school in Greve. I have shared in 4 different English classes. I have talked mainly about American culture, but in one class I was able to share about religion as well. I had a great conversation about faith with the students. It was so neat to be able to openly share Christ in a classroom, something that would never happen at home.

My energies are really pulled in 3 directions right now. 1st is the white house/youth ministry, 2nd is the cafe group in Copenhagen, and 3rd is the cafe in Sweden. It makes for some interesting days spent writing emails or meetings. I am getting anxious to open a shop, I really beginning to miss getting to hang out in a coffee shop to work.

I LOVE living in Denmark, it has brought joy back to ministry for me. I am trying (and not very successfully) to learn Danish. I am enjoying the fellowship with the different teams I am working with. Things are good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment