Monday, December 6, 2010

Facing Changes

Sorry, it has been a really long time since I have updated anything. The month of November just disappeared in a haze of emotional stress. I have been faced with a lot of personal challenges. I was lucky, I got to be home for Thanksgiving! However it happened because of a sad circumstance. My Grandmother Fitch passed away. I was lucky to be flown home to be a part of the funeral and to have some time to be with family. It was a different experience for me. Flying home to visit, not to stay. I am learning more and more what it means to give up and let go to follow the call God has placed in my life. It was good for me to be home. I really appreciate those who made it possible for me to take this time with my family to heal.

Business at the shop in Poznan has been steadily rising. We broke a huge record in daily income a couple weeks ago. Also, we have brought on 2 more Polish girls as part time staff. We are so busy we are needing more and more workers! We are looking into hiring another person to be the main cook. At first this sounds like exciting news for me, because that means I get to train someone so I do not have to be in the kitchen so much. But really, we have to find someone for Poznan, so that they can survive after I move! For me, it's leaving one kitchen for another. It is very exciting that Poznan has become so busy that we need to hire more employees!

I am heading into my last weeks of working in Poznan. I have only about 3 weeks left in Poznan. I am feeling the sad and excited emotions all mixed together. All of my friends are here in Poznan and we have such a great work flow going at the shop. But, Krakow is going to be great. I want to be a part of the work God is doing there! I am ready to face a new set of challenges. This holiday season finds me packing, planning, and trying to figure out how I am going to get everything to Krakow. :)

Big Changes Are Happening Soon!

3 comments:

  1. You are so blessed Katie! You were never meant to be an assistant (Lynn Center) when I met you and I am so grateful for the Lord putting you in my life because you are such an encouragement. Go forth allowing God to lead and let His angels make your way easier and clear as you go into Krakow! BTW - you are a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PTL for increased business and we pray increased opportunity for the Polish people to know Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie: You continue to amaze me. I just sit back in awe as I see how God has grown you these months in Poland. You are a gift to Poland!
    I love you girl...
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete